Picture Pasir Panjang. What do you think of? If it’s shipping containers and warehouses, you’d be surprised to find that image is changing rapidly. Pasir Panjang literally means ‘long sand’ in Malay – a nod to the long, sandy beach that lined the coast before the land was reclaimed as a container port. In the recent years, a boost in development has turned this quaint neighbourhood into one that’s great for both investors as well as residents.
Here are 5 reasons you should consider moving to Pasir Panjang:
Food is easily Singapore’s number 1 obsession and Holland Village doesn’t disappoint. You can practically take a gastronomical trip around the world by walking around the neighbourhood.
You may have seen this story in history books: how Allied defenders made a heroic stand against invaders during World War 2 on the slopes of Pasir Panjang at present-day Kent Ridge Park. This historical battle site is now home to robust cultural development – filled with memorials, museums and attractions such as:
• Reflections at Bukit Chandu, a heritage centre
• Gillman Barracks, a contemporary arts cluster
• Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
Times change, and Pasir Panjang is changing for the better. Its strategic location puts it within reach of amenities and activities, including:
• Shopping at VivoCity and Harbourfront Centre
• Rollercoaster rides at Universal Studios
• Beach activities at Sentosa
Head north and you’ll find an eclectic selection of traditional and artisanal dining, shopping and drinking establishments. Be sure to check out:
• Holland Village
• Demsey Hill
• Rochester Park
What if you have kids? Or if you’re looking to rent a home out to students? You’ll be glad to know…
5. It’s only getting better in the near future.
Plans are in place to transform the whole area into the Greater Southern Waterfront. For a sense of scale, it’s set to be three times the size of Marina Bay! There’s no doubt this quaint neighbourhood is set to become prime real estate.
Pasir Panjang is built on its rich history and charm. Paired with upcoming transformative developments, moving here is a prudent investment as the value of properties in Pasir Panjang is projected to increase. To start, be sure to check out these properties located at or near Pasir Panjang:
• Horizon Residences
• Royal Palm Mansions
- Rise of Pasir Panjang: https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2016/7/130949/eye-on-pasir-panjang-the-south-is-rising
- Development boost: https://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/hdb/pasir-panjang-set-to-get-boost-from-master-plan/a/159736